Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Office Assistant provides general administrative support and is the first point of contact for callers and visitors.
This is a Full-Time position located in Victoria.
The start date is immediate.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities Front Desk Reception (5%)
– Answers phones and take appropriate action to the callers’ needs
– Open and distribute mail
– Welcomes visitors to the office and ensures their comfort
– Responsible for taking outgoing mail to the Post Office
– Go to various websites (Fortis/Shaw/ BC Hydro etc.) and print the current invoice
Internal Communication (2%)
– Serves as a key point of contact between the main office and sub-offices
– Update Google Staff Calendar
– Forwards referrals to TTA Consultant
Digitizing Documentation (59%)
– Scanning various financial related documents – for use in our archival system
– Scanning different historical and research documents – for use in our archival system
– Scan Referrals for Digital filing – for use in our archival system
– Naming Scanned Documents – for use in our archival system
Office Support (8%)
– Load (4 pm) /unload (8:30) am Dishwasher
– Load paper into the copier drawers & replace toner
– Order stationery and other office supplies including kitchen and bathroom supplies for main office and satellite offices. Complete purchase orders and, when received, verify charges are correct
– Ensure all office areas are kept neat and clean
– Ensure all COVID-19 restrictions are being observed, including sanitizing after each visit and at the end of every day – Maintain Petty Cash
Administrative Support (16%)
– Provide administrative support as needed to main office staff
– Prepare for in house meetings, including providing refreshments and meals
– Prepare meeting kits for various meetings based on the meeting agenda
– Set up the Boardroom for various meetings.
– Clean the Boardroom following the meeting
– Maintain and reconcile petty cash for the main office
– Transcribe verbatim from recorded meetings
– Assist with large mailouts (approximately 700 pieces of mail to be folded & stuffed into an envelope)
Accounts Payable Duties (10%)
– Code Invoices
– Type Cheque Request & attach to invoice
– Enter invoices into Sage Accounting System
– Stuff signed Cheques into mailing envelopes
– Other related duties as assigned
– Secondary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
– Learn the process of scheduling meetings. To assist and fill in when Scheduler is out of office.
– From time to time, this position may provide support to other areas of TTA or assist with special
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Well-developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
– Skilled at listening and paying attention to the details.
– Good member service skills. Friendly, positive, responsive, professional and helpful.
– Basic computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
– Well-developed office administration skills, including filing and filing systems, operating office equipment and technology, cash handling
– Ability to take accurate and concise meeting minutes
– Well organized and proactive with solid time management skills. Ability to multi-task.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Basic understanding of the BC Treaty Process
– Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as work within a collaborative team framework
– Respect for TTA Member Nations’ culture and protocols
Training, Education, and Experience
– Grade 12 plus or including computer skills and office administration courses
– 1-2 years prior experience in office administration
– Experience or training in minute taking
– Experience working with an Indigenous community
– Valid class 5 B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Interviews will continue until suitable candidate is selected.